Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Can't add resource file to Android project?

NaboNabo SEMember ✭✭

Trying to add resx-files to my cross platform project. I was starting to look at the links for the toolkit but that seems to work only for VS for windows and I'm running Visual Studio of Mac on a... ...well, mac. Thought I wouldn't let that stop me and proceeded adding the resx-file manually and started with my Android project.

I've created a separate PCL project where I'd add my resource files. Creating the first AppResources.resx works fine and adding terms to that file updates the designer file accordingly, so far so good. However, when I try to add a second language and name it according to examples I've seen online such as AppResources.it.resx I get an exception in the UI stating that the "File ..../Resources/AppResources.resx already exists.".

Answers

• hexagodhexagod Member ✭✭✭

what happens if you add all of them at once? Can you create all the blank .resx files and then copy paste your code into them one at a time?

• NaboNabo SEMember ✭✭
    edited October 2018

If I add them "manually" from disk and not by the "add new file..." I don't get the error message but the designer file isn't generated. It's not generated when I rebuild either. Is there a separate tool to use to build the designer file?

I'm using vs for mac 7.6.10 (build 27)