Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Simulatori IOS on visual studio 2017

MarcoSalvatoriMarcoSalvatori USMember ✭✭✭

I'm testing my APP made with xamarin.forms on IOS with a MAC connected remotely. in the visual studio the iphone 7, 8, x, xs simulators have disappeared.
the target is IOS10 ...
What could be the problem?

Tagged:

Answers

• WelingtonBRWelingtonBR Member ✭✭

Try check your project properties (right click on projetct.ios) -> iOs build and change the sdk version.

You also can try editint the info.plist file inside your project.

Another opnion is that maybe you just have an ios10 simulator working remotely.

• GVxGVx USMember ✭✭✭

I usually disconnect from the Mac... Restart Visual Studio... Connect to the Mac again.. and hope the simulators re-appear...

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You mean all simulators disappear or just iphone 7, 8, x, xs disappear but iphone5,6 remains ?

If it only shows part of devices, you can open XCode and go into Simulators configuration menu, add those devices ,then re-connect the mac , it should be able to solve the issue.

• MarcoSalvatoriMarcoSalvatori USMember ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I have to change target framework ... if I put 12 I see 5, 6, 7, 8, SE, x, xs, xr.
    if I put 11 I see iphone 5,6, 7, 8 and SE but not the x, xs, xr.
    if I put 10 I see until 6 ...

it's normal?

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@MarcoSalvatori said:
    I have to change target framework ... if I put 12 I see 5, 6, 7, 8, SE, x, xs, xr.
    if I put 11 I see iphone 5,6, 7, 8 and SE but not the x, xs, xr.
    if I put 10 I see until 6 ...

it's normal?

Yes, The mini target framework for iPhone x,xs, xr is iOS12 , and similarly for iphone7,8 .

• MarcoSalvatoriMarcoSalvatori USMember ✭✭✭

but, if I enter 10 (target framework) , should not I also see the IOS 11 and 12 simulators?