Desktop Apps : Change Cursor on hover

AbhijitDeshpandeAbhijitDeshpande INMember ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Xamarin.Forms

This question is only for Xamarin Forms apps for macOS Desktop & WPF targets

When the mouse HOVERS over the element (especially buttons / link button / image buttons), the user expects the mouse cursor to change to something like Hand Cursor.

How can one achieve this effect?

Note: the same XAML page is there for mobile devices.

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
  • AbhijitDeshpandeAbhijitDeshpande INMember ✭✭

Thanks for replying. Let me experiment and revert (if anyone in future needs this)

I understand primarily Xamarin is mobile devices focussed where MOUSE (poor chap) is invalid.

But Xam forms is such a tempting option for one app across all major devices

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@AbhijitDeshpande said:
    This question is only for Xamarin Forms apps for macOS Desktop & WPF targets

When the mouse HOVERS over the element (especially buttons / link button / image buttons), the user expects the mouse cursor to change to something like Hand Cursor.

How can one achieve this effect?

Note: the same XAML page is there for mobile devices.

On UWP, the cursor behavior in XF apps seems to match what Windows applications such as Visual Studio do (which isn't the same as what web-based stuff running in Chrome on Windows does).

If the cursor behavior in XF macOS and WPF apps doesn't match what a native app (not something running in a browser) on Mac and Windows would do, I suggest raising a bug against XF to that end.