Building iOS project with today extension in release mode takes too LONG time?

mshwfmshwf EGMember ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Xamarin.iOS

In a Xamarin.Forms solution, I'm trying to build an iOS project in release mode that references a today extension project, to get the ipa file. When I try to build in Ad-Hoc I get the error:

Tool exited with code: 1. Output: ditto: can't get real path for...

When I googled this I found some suggesting that both iOS targets should be the same configurations, but since the extension project doesn't support Ad-Hoc config, I set both to release.
When I build the iOS project (container project) it takes so long time that I can't wait, in one build it lasted for more than an hour, and I had to cancel the build process!
I'm using Visual Studio 2017 15.8.5
Any help?!

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited October 2018

Can you check the build log (Help - Xamarin - Open Logs) to find why the application get stuck at build process?

• mshwfmshwf EGMember ✭✭✭

@ColeX said:
    Can you check the build log (Help - Xamarin - Open Logs) to find why the application get stuck at build process?

It seems a problem with the provisioning profile, I have many of them under Signing identity, I changed the developer (Automatic) to iPhone Developer: DevName (xxx) and the project built (in minutes) in release config and could get the ipa file

Did you accept my answer because you believe it is the real solution to this issue, or because the issue is solved after taking this step, which I'm not sure why it did?

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@mshwf said:
    Did you accept my answer because you believe it is the real solution to this issue, or because the issue is solved after taking this step, which I'm not sure why it did?

Oh sorry , i thought you have resolved it .

@ColeX said:

@mshwf said:

Oh sorry , i thought you have resolved it .

The issue had been resolved, I was just seeking further understanding of the cause of the issue.