Error: error MT0069: while compilng IOS app

bbanksbbanks Member ✭✭

The app has been terminated.
Launch failed. The app 'ChowderApp.iOS' could not be launched on 'iPhone 6s Plus iOS 10.2'. Error: error MT0069: The app directory '/Users/ourweb1/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/ChowderApp.iOS/a0ba67018c2b1c3f3eab418af7b01492/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/net.ourweb.ChowderApp.app' does not exist.. Please check the logs for more details.
The app has been terminated.

• isescoisesco Member ✭✭

Try the following:
    1. Delete the app in the simulator
    2. Delete the bin, obj folders
    3. Rerun your project

• bbanksbbanks Member ✭✭

No help.......... Why isn't it a stable env????

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Hi @bbanks,

Can you log an issue via Help > Send Feedback > Report a Problem? It will also be helpful if you attach a diagnostic build log to help debug the issue.

Thanks,
    Pierce Boggan

• bbanksbbanks Member ✭✭

I am having the same problem for over three years now

• iMrTidyiMrTidy USMember ✭✭

The following helped me:
    1. Mac: $HOME/Library/Caches/Xamarin - move to bin the content (mtbs, XMA)
    2. Mac: Simulator -> Hardware -> Erase All Content and Settings...
    3. Restart Mac.
    4. Restart PC.
    5. Remove all bin and obj folders that belong to the solution.
    6. Open VS and wait when it is paired to the Mac.
    7. F5 in VS.

Today I faced the issue again and what I did yesterday did not help!
    Does anybody has a solution?

I can now complement my solution. Besides bin and obj folders I had to delete packages.

This issue came back...all of the sudden. And now nothing helps!

• kanderwellkanderwell Member

I'm hitting it too, and have been for a while. I also just upgraded to the latest versions of (Windows) VS, XCode, macOS, Xamarin.iOS, etc. I've tried cleaning bin, obj, build host cache, wiping simulator - nothing works. Very annoying, because I love the Windows VS experience and can't stand Mac VS which is my current workaround.

Interesting how Microsoft went through and neatly described all sorts of errors at their link (which I'm not allowed to post, but you can see by Googling "Xamarin.iOS errors") but they conveniently skipped right over MT0069.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7

@kanderwell
    Do you store your code in version control? If so you could clone/check out the code to a new folder and try building from there.