Conditionally show and hide icon in Legacy Bar

Hi,

I am trying to show and hide the icon in my footer LegacyBar conditionally. Is there any option available for that. Below option doesn't help me.

Always
IfRoom 
Never

In my case if it satisfies some condition, it should show the icon, otherwise it should hide it. Even after knowing very well it won't work, just tried Always & Never for Show & Hide, obviously it doesn't work. But, is there any way?

Answers

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

Just remove the button?

• No, it should not remove it. I want to show icon in Legacy Bar conditionally. For example if checkbox in listview is checked, then show the icon, otherwise hide it. Like that i want to show & hide.

What do you mean with "hide" it. You need to be more specific.

• SubhaMuralidharanSubhaMuralidharan USMember ✭✭
    edited February 2014

Sorry for not being clear. Hide in the sense i want to remove the icon temporarily. That's what you asked, but i didn't get it.

You will have to handle that logic yourself. never attribute in the Android ActionBar whether it is a ActionBarCompat or not means that it will be shown in the overflow and not being actually removed from the ActionBar. So either way you have to handle the logic of temporarily removing Actions yourself.