Android in Debug only give a white screen

I've seen a few posts like this but no clear and consistent resolution to the issue. Whenever I launch my android xamararin.forms app it hangs on a white screen and eventually freezes.

my output:

Forwarding debugger port 8854
Detecting existing process

am start -n "RPHEngineering.Lynkd/md5829f70bdc96a299a7658761ce0f39649.MainActivity"
Starting: Intent { cmp=RPHEngineering.Lynkd/md5829f70bdc96a299a7658761ce0f39649.MainActivity }

[art] Late-enabling -Xcheck:jni
[asset] Asset path /system/framework/framework-zte-res.apk is neither a directory nor file (type=1).
[monodroid] Creating public update directory: /data/user/0/RPHEngineering.Lynkd/files/.__override__
[monodroid] Using override path: /data/user/0/RPHEngineering.Lynkd/files/.override
[monodroid] Using override path: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/RPHEngineering.Lynkd/files/.override
[monodroid] Trying to load sgen from: /data/user/0/RPHEngineering.Lynkd/files/.override/libmonosgen-2.0.so
[monodroid] Trying to load sgen from: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/RPHEngineering.Lynkd/files/.override/libmonosgen-2.0.so
[monodroid] Trying to load sgen from: /storage/emulated/0/../legacy/Android/data/RPHEngineering.Lynkd/files/.override/libmonosgen-2.0.so
[monodroid] Trying to load sgen from: /data/app/RPHEngineering.Lynkd-1/lib/arm64/libmonosgen-2.0.so
[monodroid] Trying to load sgen from: /data/user/0/RPHEngineering.Lynkd/files/.override/links/libmonosgen-2.0.so
[monodroid-debug] Trying to initialize the debugger with options: --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,loglevel=0,address=127.0.0.1:8854,server=y,embedding=1

It runs fine if I launch it without the debugger.