Which is the best and easiest way to connect xamarin.forms with external database ?

OmarMohOmarMoh USMember ✭✭

Hello Xamarin dev's

I'm trying to building my project graduation using xamarin.form , The problem is in the past i was use .asmx web service to consuming with xamarin.form project but now it doesn't work as before so, please if someone can help me becouse i just have 9 weeks to finish the whole project .
note that if there is a way that able to communicate and read PHP files it will be helpful .

waiting for response and thanks for all

Best Answers

Answers

• OmarMohOmarMoh USMember ✭✭

@LuisDavidDelaCruz Thanks for reply , i started my first Web API Project that connected with Mysql DB using Mysql.data NuGet package, i tested the connection using GET method in controller and it's work, now how can i use POST method to insert data to my database ?
    the HTTP method is look like the following
    public void Post([FromBody]string value) { }

@LuisDavidDelaCruz I would like to thank you because you help me , i builded my web api and it's work fine with my apps,
    next week i will submit my project, i learned more about asp.net to use it in future so thanks again

@LuisDavidDelaCruz another thing , if the post method return value (response) then, how to read it ?

@LuisDavidDelaCruz i solved now , just deserialize the response message