ConvertResourcesCase task failed unexpectedly

Hi all, I am facing a really annoying issue with my Xamarin.Android project. I tried building my project before generating apk, project started giving me an error which says, ConvertResourcesCase task failed unexpectedly. After reading solutions available i checked with my project path if it is too long, i changed it to shorter one, and tried to build and it worked. But after a while again it started to throw same error.
Note: I have given full access to my obj file but still the error persists.
Please suggest the solution for this one, as my development work is stuck because of this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Answer

• pranay99pranay99 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@jezh
    Thanks for the reply buddy, but unfortunately this did not help me.
    Meanwhile I reduced my project path length (After going through few answers), and the project worked.
    But after a day or two again i had same error. Then i tried all possible solution and it didn't worked. Finally I modified visual studio from launcher itself and let it download and install.
    And the project started working. I don't know what was the bug, but this was very time consuming. I am still not sure when it will start throwing this error over again,

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@pranay99
    You can try the following steps:
    1. change your project to the root dictionary. example :
    C:\YourProjects
    2. remove the obj file and obj file
    3. restart VS and rebuild

Besides:
    You can try the following code:
    Try adding this msbuild property in your project that will shorten the file/folder names on the obj directory

<PropertyGroup>
           <UseShortFileNames>True</UseShortFileNames>
     </PropertyGroup>

Or this to change the output folder to a one closer to the "C:/"

<PropertyGroup Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|AnyCPU' ">
               <IntermediateOutputPath>C:\MyFolder/MyProj</IntermediateOutputPath>
        </PropertyGroup>

• pranay99pranay99 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@jezh
    Thanks for the reply buddy, but unfortunately this did not help me.
    Meanwhile I reduced my project path length (After going through few answers), and the project worked.
    But after a day or two again i had same error. Then i tried all possible solution and it didn't worked. Finally I modified visual studio from launcher itself and let it download and install.
    And the project started working. I don't know what was the bug, but this was very time consuming. I am still not sure when it will start throwing this error over again,