Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

When Editor or Entry is disabled from view model it is disabled but feels like it is still enabled

Hi,

I am using editor and entry in different list views, These are editable only on a command so when this command is called i make these entry or editor enabled. Now when i save the changes (I am calling a Refresh command to refresh the list from database) in the list i am making the entry and editor disabled. In the View they are getting disabled in the sense i am not able to edit them but the color of these entry or editor is not grayed out(they are black in color which gives the user an impression that it is enabled to edit) which is default when a entry or editor is disabled.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@Fouziya

You can change the background when the editor is disabled. For changing background you can use Triggers.
    For details:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/app-fundamentals/triggers
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/47646/how-to-customize-entry-borders

• FouziyaFouziya Member ✭✭

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion, but this does not seem to work as I want it to. I don't want to change the background color but want the color of the text of editor to be black even when it is disabled.
    Now I was trying to use custom renderer I am bot able to use EditorRenderer in my android code. It says it is obsolete, but no where I can find a solution to what to use instead of EditorRenderer.

Any suggestions on this will be really helpful.

Thank you

• FouziyaFouziya Member ✭✭

Thank you so much for this solution. This is exactly what I was looking for in Custom Renderer.
    Thanks a lot