Forum Xamarin.iOS

iOS Simulator video black screen & iOS Iphone Could not find any available provisioning profiles

devcogdevcog Member ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've recently started using Xamarin's framework. I've been testing some of the samples in Android without any trobule.

When i tried to compile all the samples in iOS, after a successful compile, the iOS Simulator show no video (black screen). It's strange because in Visual Studio any error report is showing. Using an alternative way, i tried to use a physical device (iPhone 7 plus), but when compile starts, it shows the following error: "Could not find any available provisioning profiles".

The environment which i'm using is Windows 10 with Visual Studio Community 2017 v15.8.4. This Visual Studio pair to a macOS 10.14 Mojave with Xcode 10 and apple id's developer-certificate on it.

If anyone could help me, I would be very thankful.

Best Answer

• devcogdevcog Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Eureka! It seems the issue was on Xaramin.iOS difference of version between Xamarin.iOS of Windows and Xamarin.iOS on macOS. I have to upgrade VS in order to have version 12 on both. Now iOS Simulator works on Windows.

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@devcog said:

When i tried to compile all the samples in iOS, after a successful compile, the iOS Simulator show no video (black screen). It's strange because in Visual Studio any error report is showing. Using an alternative way, i tried to use a physical device (iPhone 7 plus), but when compile starts, it shows the following error: "Could not find any available provisioning profiles".

The provisioning profiles means that aren't running with a developer cert with the device, or at least the current configuration doesn't have it selected.

With regards to the iOS simulator, are you able to compile and run them on the mac directly? And see them on the simulator on the mac?

• DanielHoganDanielHogan USUniversity
    edited September 2018

I don't want to threadjack, but I believe I'm having the same problem, so before I opened a new thread I was going to add my info here.

The simulator reports no errors, The app builds and deploys, and it is actually running, you just can't see it. If I go to the mac, and launch another app from xcode to a different simulator, two simulator windows will popup. The original one from VS and the new one from XCode. The video itself is what's not making it through.

It was working fine before, but it's been several months since I've used it. Since then I've updated Visual Studio a couple of versions to v15.8.4. Also updated the mac from OSX Sierra to High Sierra. Updated xcode and xamarin to their latest versions as well.

devcog, I'm not sure if this helps, but you can disable the remote capability and run the simulator on the mac as a work around. In VS to to Options>iOS Settings>Uncheck Remote Simulator to Windows. When you launch the app in a simulator it will now show up on the mac's display.

• devcogdevcog Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

No problem Daniel! Threadjacking is welcome! Now i'll tried to do John test and in macOS i installed Visual Studio with only de iOS components and works well.

Anyways, it's not the solution for me, because what I need is continue developing in Windows enviroment, because Xamarin it's not the only enviroment that I use with Visual Studio. Now, when i compile again pairing with macOS it's telling me to install 11.14.0.14 Xamarin.iOS components. Perhaps the trouble comes from there. I'll continue researching about this issue and post updates about.

Thank you for the replies!

• devcogdevcog Member ✭✭

Update: I tried this "Options>iOS Settings>Uncheck Remote Simulator to Windows". In macOS don't display anything.

• devcogdevcog Member ✭✭

This is another error "Xamarin.iOS 11.14.0 does not support a deployment target of 12.0 for iOS (the maximum is 11.4). Please select an older deployment target in your project's Info.plist or upgrade to a newer version of Xamarin.iOS.". If I change in Info.plist to 11.4 it seems solves the error, but I start again on the error that initiated this question.

• DanielHoganDanielHogan USUniversity

When you said it doesn't display anything after those settings, do you mean the simulator didn't come up or that it was just a black screen there as well?

• devcogdevcog Member ✭✭

The simulator didn't come up. Now I updated VS to 15.8.5 and Xamarin.iOS on both are 12 version. I'll see what happens now.

• devcogdevcog Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Eureka! It seems the issue was on Xaramin.iOS difference of version between Xamarin.iOS of Windows and Xamarin.iOS on macOS. I have to upgrade VS in order to have version 12 on both. Now iOS Simulator works on Windows.