Forum Xamarin.Android

How to change your application icon in the 'system settings' menu - WearOS

axaaxa Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Xamarin.Android

Regarding a WearOS application, Im aware how to set an icon used in the launch menu, but id like to change the icon in the systems settings menu.
I'm not sure if the system settings menu is the correct term, but Im referring to the menu where you would go and kill your app or see other info about it.
Right now without doing anything else, there is an "X" Xamarin logo icon, but id like to make things consistent and get my logo in there.

Please advise.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• axaaxa ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

So to answer my own question
    What i had been doing was to give my main activity this attribute which included setting my application icon:
    [Activity(Label = "AwesomeApp®", MainLauncher = true, Icon = "@drawable/icon")]

That was fine for the launcher but didnt take care of anything else.

Then i got curious and learned what the mipmap resource folders were for, moved my icon resource to the mipmap folders.Adjusted the attribute Icon property in the above attribute:
    Icon = "@mipmap/ic_launcher"

And now the proper icon gets to its expected locations

Answers

• axaaxa Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

So to answer my own question
    What i had been doing was to give my main activity this attribute which included setting my application icon:
    [Activity(Label = "AwesomeApp®", MainLauncher = true, Icon = "@drawable/icon")]

That was fine for the launcher but didnt take care of anything else.

Then i got curious and learned what the mipmap resource folders were for, moved my icon resource to the mipmap folders.Adjusted the attribute Icon property in the above attribute:
    Icon = "@mipmap/ic_launcher"

And now the proper icon gets to its expected locations