Forum Visual Studio

Load operation failed. There must be 2, 3 or 4 components in the version string.

Running Xamarin Studio 4.2.3 (build 54).

I'm not able to load my solution, containing three projects (iOS, Android and a portable class library). Getting following error message: "Load operation failed. There must be 2, 3 or 4 components in the version string". The solution runs fine in Visual Studio 2013.

Any ideas?

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

Probably a version value in your .csproj needs to be something like "4.0" but is somehow set to "4". Just a guess on the version number, could be any number.

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Solutions created by VS2013 are yet fully supported in the current release of XS. We're working on improving this.

• SothyChan.2498SothyChan.2498 USMember

I'm having the same issue. Can this be fixed soon? I'm also having issues opening a simple solution file in Xamarin Studio. It will not automatically import my folders and some files. Is this normal?

• voidvoid DKBeta ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

Tried to open the RazorToDo sample and ran into this as well. Is Xamarin Studio now being down-prioritised internally due to the upcoming MS partnership? Will VS2013 be the preferred platform?

• jbachelorjbachelor USMember

I've got the same problem here suddenly... Where did you find those values you plugged in, mg.1040? Is it as simple as checking the version listed when you run Visual Studio, go to the "Help" menu and select "About Microsoft Visual Studio"?

Do you (or anyone) know if it matters what we put for the 'minimum' version of Visual Studio if I'm the only one accessing this code?

TIA!
    Jon

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

AFAIK the version doesn't really matter.

• benhorgenbenhorgen USMember ✭✭

I created a Bugzilla ticket for this issue. I searched the open bugs, but couldn't find this issue list.

When VS2013 shipped 6 months this issue was a simple nuance. I've seen dev teams expand within our client base, and this issue is getting more and more painful.

The Bugzilla ticket is: #19317

• benhorgenbenhorgen USMember ✭✭

mhutch got me on the right track... Bugzilla #17651 recorded the issue, and it looks like it has been fixed in the Beta channel. Thanks!

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17651