What is better platform for Xamarin development without everyday bugs?

PhenmanPhenman USMember ✭✭

Hello. I use VS2017 for PC, and I'm desperate. The struggle against the eternal erors is terrifying. It takes me half the time for everyday searching for sudden compilation problems. There are persistent problems with various assemblies and dependencies. It is impossible to predict what the problem will be when it appears. You can create two completely identical applications and the first one will compile without errors, and the second will give out any error.
For example today I have "could not load assembly System.Buffers" and "Could not load assembly 'Xamarin.GooglePlayServices.Basement" errors in Android project despite the fact that yesterday everything was fine compiled. (WTF????????? :s :s :s :s :s :# :# :# :# :# ) Permanently you need to delete .vs, bin and obj folders and hope for a miracle. Also, a miracle can happen if you just restart your computer.

Working with Xamarin is everyday nightmare. If suddenly the compilation happened without problems, you can not breathe, because everything can break at any time for an unknown reason. When I develop WPF app all works exellent, but Xamarin is the nightmare.

I already just do not have enough nerves due to constant problems with deadlines. Problems with deadlines due to persistent problems with Xamarin.

My question is Xamarin VS for mac also nightmare or stable tool?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• TheHarshLabTheHarshLab Member ✭✭

it's a perfect tool for developing xamarin apps and i've been developing apps in xamarin studio as well as in vs 2k17
    you must go ahead with vs 2k17

• PhenmanPhenman USMember ✭✭

Thank you for answers

• ErikKrlErikKrl CZMember ✭✭

@Phenman said:
    My question is Xamarin VS for mac also nightmare or stable tool?

Miguel De Icaza uses Xamarin VS for mac.