Forum Xamarin.Forms

Add UWP project to existing Prism.forms application

I have an existing Prism.Forms project for Android & iOS. Now I wanted to add UWP project into it. How can I do that?

I have tried adding new project into it, but when I try to add references of other project it is giving me an error of different target. I want to create in UWP application.

@BrianLagunas Can you please help me into this.

Best Answer

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 2018

Here I found tutorial of adding a blank UWP to existing Xamarin.Forms Solution.

As it mentioned , Ensure Your Projects Target the Same Version

Can you checked that first ?

• kalkotekedarkalkotekedar USMember ✭✭

I have the latest xamarin.forms version, even I started with a new empty project but still, I am getting some issue.

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@kalkotekedar said:
    I have the latest xamarin.forms version, even I started with a new empty project but still, I am getting some issue.

Can you attach the detailed error message?

edited September 2018

@ColeX The issue was with prism forms for UWP, they are rewriting the code to support UWP soon it will be available.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

@kalkotekedar said:
    @ColeX The issue was with prism forms for UWP, they are rewriting the code to support UWP soon it will be available.

Eh, Prism supports UWP just fine. We have Xamarin Forms Prism UWP apps deployed in the Windows store.

Install the prism template pack in the VS store.

@NMackay I asked to Brian, you can See Here, so for now we have stopped working on it.

@kalkotekedar

He's telling you native UWP app support is been re-written, not Forms UWP support.

Xamarin Forms supports UWP and Prism for Xamarin Forms supports UWP!. If your using Xamarin Forms, Prism.Forms will support UWP.....I'm just debugging a Xamarin Forms Prism app.

@NMackay If you have any sample application, can u share it to me? When I tried I am not able to add a breakpoint inside a ViewModel.

@NMackay thanks for your time and solution. You are than who always help me

@kalkotekedar said:
    @NMackay thanks for your time and solution. You are than who always help me

Thanks, UWP can be a pain but all the Prism feature work as expected with Xamarin Forms, 99% of the time, the issues will be Forms issues, Prism.Forms just wraps the Xamarin Forms navigation service hence why it's UWP implementation works.

I believe if you want native UWP/Win10 Prisms apps, the Windows10 version is in preview but for Forms dev, Prism.Forms is the way to go.