Complete uninstall on Mac, HELP!

Hi! I have recently tried to uninstall Xamarin Studio and all the belonging files.
When I dragged Xamarin Studio and MonoTouch to the recycle bin and cleared it there was no space at all freed on my SSD.
The install took about 9-10GB of space, I have removed all the files located in:

/Library/Application Support
/Library/Launchagents
/Library/Frameworks
/Developer

It's still about 4-5GB that takes up space on my SSD and I have been searching for files all day long but can't find any more files to remove. I have tried everything mentioned in this and more threads: http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/2189/uninstalling

I really need that 5GB extra space cause my SSD is soon full (only 120GB big).

Would be extremely happy if someone could help me!

Best Answer

Answers

• supermotardsupermotard SEMember
    edited February 2014

Thanks for the tip jstedfast! I have already removed the first directories and "/Applications/Xamarin Studio.app" is the icon in Applications? I have removed that too. I didn't find any files in /Library/Caches and the folder Developer in Library don't exist on my Mac. I didn't find anything in the folders Logs and Preferences either. Really strange don't know what to do.

Is Library in my user directory the same as the other Library folder? Cause I can't find Library when I open my HD and go to Users->MyUser.
    Could you provide me with the text I need to write in the Terminal to remove everything in my user directory?

EDIT: I managed to unhide and access my user directory and remove all the files and folders you listed! :) Still 2-3GB remaining to remove but i think it will have to do… Or do you have some more ideas? :)

Thanks again!

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

That's all there is...

• JunDuJunDu USMember ✭✭
    edited June 2014

Thanks Jef. This is helpful.

I need to remove and reinstall Xamarin cleanly today. Do I need to remove the following two items:

/Applications/Xamarin.iOS Build Host
    /Applications/MonoTouchActiovation

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited May 2014

Yes, if they exist.

• I deleted everything mentioned here, but after reinstalling, I noticed that XS still remembers my previously opened solutions and files (e.g. if you go to File -> Recent Files/Solutions). Where is this stored?

• Any idea on how to uninstall the Android Player? I can't find help anywhere :(

• BW57899BW57899 AUMember

Recommend to search from root for these keywords "Xamarin", "MonoTouch" , "MonoAndroid".

~/.android
    ~/.local/share/Xamarin

• IsmailDeganiIsmailDegani USMember

Hi there,

Could you provide an equivalent set of directories to check for Windows? This install took nearly 13GB on my laptop and after uninstalling I still have 7GB unaccounted for. I understand that there are 3rd party installs too, but no indication was given as to how big the install was going to be. I'd recommend including an informational dialog or warning in future releases.

Thanks!
    Ismail

• MauryMarkowitzMauryMarkowitz CAMember

The official guide is missing many of the items above. I followed the guide, and the installer told me I still had everything installed.