Simulate a Cordova iOS app in the cloud

wrappingdukewrappingduke Member
edited September 2018 in Visual Studio

Hello,

I'm attempting to use VS tools for Apache Cordova to simulate an iOS version of an app but having some difficulty. A cloud hosting provider is being used to build and debug the app in the iOS Simulator from a Windows machine. However, when configuring Visual Studio to connect to the cloud hosted Mac, an error is received:

An error occurred trying to acquire certificate from <link to ip address>

A screenshot of the Remote Agent Configuration or iOS Configuration information in VS has been attached:

Help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer

Hi JGoldberger,

Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated. I was able to get the issue resolved. I forgot to set the Secure Mode to False in the remotebuild command. My apologies.

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@wrappingduke said:
    An error occurred trying to acquire certificate from <link to ip address>

Did you try setting the "Secure mode" to True? The description of the Secure mode options says:

Turns on or off the use of security certificate in remote iOS build

Since you have set a security PIN, this would seem to be needed. Note the description for "Security PIN":

Security PIN for acquiring remote iOS build client certificate from host.

• wrappingdukewrappingduke Member
    Accepted Answer

Hi JGoldberger,

Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated. I was able to get the issue resolved. I forgot to set the Secure Mode to False in the remotebuild command. My apologies.