Upgrade to Xamarin.Android 9.0.0.18 gives error: No suitable constructor found for TypefaceSpan

airkingkillerairkingkiller Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in Xamarin.Android

Yesterday I upgraded Xamarin.Android to 9.0.0.18 on my mac, since then I get the error: No suitable constructor found for TypefaceSpan(typeface). When I upgrade upgrade to the alpha version 9.1.0.12 then I doesn't get this error anymore but in this version I'm not able to deploy my app to my phone.

If I don't want to get this error and get the app running on my device I need to upgrade clean and rebuild, downgrade and then deploy to my phone (then it works only first time). This is time consuming and doesn't look like the way to go.

The current error:

Anybody any idea on how to fix it

Kind regards
airkingkiller

Answers

• BillyLiuBillyLiu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@airkingkiller

What's the typeface are you using in the TypefaceSpan() is it a string or Parcel?

• airkingkillerairkingkiller Member ✭✭

@BillyLiu
    public CustomTypeFaceSpan(string family, Typeface type) : base(family)

This is my constructor, But after some more debug I found out this issue only accure when I open a .xaml than I need to clean install vs and than its fixed till the next time I open a xaml

Now there has been a update today (9.0.0.19) hope this will fix it

• BillyLiuBillyLiu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm glad you have found a solution. Please help to mark a reply as answer if it’s ok for you, which could also benefit others who encounter similar issues in this community.
    Thanks for your cooperation.