CSharp.Core.Targets error after upgrade

PhilipJohnPhilipJohn USMember ✭✭

I was wondering whether anyone else had experienced this problem since upgrading VS Mac to 7.6 (Build 2190)?

One of my long-standing projects now fails to compile for iOS, giving the following error:

Microsoft.CSharp.Core.targets(5,5): Error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): ApplicationName='mcs.exe', CommandLine=' /noconfig @"/var/folders/6q/ffh5pvbn6893pr9k07k_lfh40000gn/T/tmpb5a5800afc524eb08fc930d8d554803d.rsp"', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file

I've done the usual stuff like cleaning out the Obj and Bin directories and uninstalling and reinstalling VS. It clearly looks like this package is failing because it can't find a file, but I'm unsure how to fix it?

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• PhilipJohnPhilipJohn USMember ✭✭

@NealCuliner Brilliant! That was exactly what was causing the problem. I deleted this

<PropertyGroup>
            <CscToolExe>mcs.exe</CscToolExe>
          </PropertyGroup>

and it now compiles. Thanks :smile:

• NealCulinerNealCuliner USBeta ✭✭✭

Yep, got me too, found it yesterday after some time in one of my projects. I really hate that the stables came out with no release notes and that they don't tell you these are breaking changes. I suggest everyone avoid this new round of stables, it's very unstable for me and breaks my build. Awaiting a response to reports. Also VS for Mac crashes on compile when wifi debugging is used i.e. debug/iphone and it's using my wifi connected device, if that's the cause, not sure. Long story longer, wish I didn't update to stables. NOT stable.

• D-BotD-Bot CAUniversity ✭✭

On latest "stable" I'm now seeing all my code underling in red.. even though it compiles and runs fine. Even after clearing bin/obj etc.. still everything is red.

• BastianNofferBastianNoffer DEMember ✭✭

I ran into the same issue, Upgrading to the latest Alpha Channel release and then downgrading again fixed the issue in regards to the missing framework references, but I now have issues with IntelliSense dropping out completely after a time. Requiring a restart of VS Mac about every 30-60 minute. Very annoying.

• starl1nstarl1n DOUniversity ✭✭

@PhilipJohn said:
    @NealCuliner Brilliant! That was exactly what was causing the problem. I deleted this

mcs.exe

and it now compiles. Thanks :smile:

Thank you, thank you, some many updates behind without debugger because of this, had to use MonoFramework-MDK-5.10.0.179.macos10.xamarin.universal.pkg constantly T_T