Xamarin Forms iphone simulator filenotfoundexception resources.dll

venixsoftwarevenixsoftware ✭✭Member ✭✭

Hi, since a month when I start debugging my app in iphone simulator and access to a specific Page the debugger detects a System.IO.FileNotFoundException related to this path:

/Users/xxx/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/CF741BB8-6814-4895-9BEE-76E8E82C9F11/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/685D5325-455C-405C-A600-D49E4A12EC78/xxx.iOS.app/en-US/Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.resources.dll

I look inside the path and i don't found a folder named /en-US/

After that I change localization to Italian and a similar FileNotFoundException raised related to path:

/Users/xxx/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/CF741BB8-6814-4895-9BEE-76E8E82C9F11/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/685D5325-455C-405C-A600-D49E4A12EC78/xxx.iOS.app/it-IT/Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.resources.dll

Inside the app bundle there is the folder /it/ not the folder /it-IT/.

I tried to check XAML and sources for wrong references, paths and names without success.
I also checked and upgraded anything.

Can someone help me on this problem?

Answers

• ColeXColeX Xamurai Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited August 2018
  • venixsoftwarevenixsoftware ✭✭ Member ✭✭

Yeah, already checked.
    I'm on Visual Studio for Mac.
    It happened the first time on february 2018 for some day, next there was an upgrade that fixed the problem.
    Now it's happening again without resolution...

UPDATE: yesterday visual studio for mac updated to last version (7.6 build 2190) and the ios debug started and executed without errors for two times.
    I was very happy, but...
    This morning I have the same problem.
    Same resources file not found error.
    It's frustrating.

Please, someone has an idea?

UPDATE: now visual studio for mac updated to last version (7.6.1 build 9) and the ios debug started and executed without errors on the first build.
    After this debug execution, the error returns.

It's frustrating, i'm wasting hours and hours of work for this kind of problems.
    I'll leave the Xamarin development soon, it costs me more than rewrite my apps in native Java and Swift code.