Preview: iOS 12 development with Xamarin

BradUmbaughBradUmbaugh USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

We've just published a blog post discussing Xamarin's preview support for iOS 12. Please feel free to discuss it here!

Tagged:

• TacoJuansTacoJuans Member

Can we build/debug an app using a simulator with iOS 12 on it?

• BradUmbaughBradUmbaugh USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi @TacoJuans, yes – you can use Xamarin's preview support for Xcode 10 to deploy apps to the iOS 12 simulators included with the Xcode 10 beta.

• NouriNouri TNMember

Hello, there is an update for "Xamarin for Visual Studio 2015" on Windows to support iOS 12 ?

• rlaskerrlasker Member ✭✭
    edited September 20

Ever since updating XCode to 10 and Visual Studio to 15.8.4 I now get the following error. I can launch the device on my Mac but Visual Studio on Windows can not find it.

@rlasker said:
    Ever since updating XCode to 10 and Visual Studio to 15.8.4 I now get the following error. I can launch the device on my Mac but Visual Studio on Windows can not find it.

Tried updating the Xamarin.iOS SDK to version 12 on my Mac. Now I cannot even connect to my Mac. It is telling me that the SDK version is not compatible with this version of Visual Studio.

Overnight MS released VS update for 15.8.5 which resolved all the problems. I apparently missed the little tidbit about VS updates "rolling out soon". Lesson learned to make sure everything is all ready before doing any updates.

• g96loveg96love Member

Has there been any recorded bugs for projects that previously targeted iOS 11?

I have been working on a project for some months now and it was nearly ready for release. I then updated everything (iPad, VS for mac and xCode) for iOS 12 and it is taking 2 minutes for my app to boot up? Is it just me or has anyone else had some bugs?