FREE GUIDE: Architectures of ReactNative, Xamarin, PhoneGap, Qt. Comparison and bottlenecks

slavachernikoffslavachernikoff USMember ✭✭
edited August 2018 in Community

I'm Slava Chernikoff from Binwell (https://binwell.com) and I'm happy to announce our Guide about architectures of popular cross platform frameworks with an accent on Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms. It was originally writen in Russian and got very positive feedback by community. Now it's available in English. It's FREE and distributed under CC BY-ND 4.0 licence.

NOTE: Help us with to make texts better, become contributor and find your name in "Special Thanks" section for online and printed version! :)

Quick introduction

In our guide, we will look at the architectures of popular cross-mobile frameworks, compare them and determine which class of tasks or commands the tool is suitable for.

There are many different cross-platform frameworks available on the market, but from an architectural point of view, they are mostly the same as PhoneGap, Xamarin and ReactNative and, therefore, we will focus on the top three. We added Qt to the review because we are often asked about it by active Qt developers or those who have worked with it before and heard about support for iOS and Android.

As target platforms, we will focus on iOS, Android and Windows UWP.

The key questions we will try to answer in this guide:

1. Which tool to select for cross-platform development within existing competences (team), existing code and project goals?
  2. How do cross-platform frameworks work from the point of view of architecture and how they interact with iOS/Android/Windows UWP?

Our review is primarily aimed at technical managers, who determine whether to use cross-platform tools and which one is better suited for the long-term product development or rapid prototyping. Also, this guide can be recommended to all those interested in cross-platform development of mobile applications.

Here is a guide: https://books.binwell.com/architectures-of-reactnative-xamarin-phonegap-qt

We'll be happy to get your feedback! You can comment this thread or send me a direct message.

Contributors are welcome! Help us to make this guide better :)

Binwell.com