Google Services Leaderboards

Hi, is there anyone here who has successfully implemented google play services leaderbords in a game of some sort. Been having problems with it for two days now as it seems to behave as it wants. Been reading through googles documentation for hours doing every step exactly as it says but to no success as i only get error code 10002 when trying to log in. So any code sample or documentation is helpful.

The furthest i've come in the log in progress was being fully logged in until the app crashed because i didn't have the GET_ACCOUNT permission (which i have), but then next time a ran the app i didn't come that far as i got the 10002 error code again

Best Answer

• Pengu2Pengu2 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I found a solution to this, i was signing the apk with the wrong certificate. So when you're going to authenticate your app in the dev console and it asks you for a SHA:1 key. You have to change it to the "Upload certificate key" if you have used your own keystore file

Answers

• Pengu2Pengu2 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

And oh yeah here's the files, manifest and all
    https://github.com/DrGurka/GPSLeaderboard

• Pengu2Pengu2 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I found a solution to this, i was signing the apk with the wrong certificate. So when you're going to authenticate your app in the dev console and it asks you for a SHA:1 key. You have to change it to the "Upload certificate key" if you have used your own keystore file