Forum Xamarin.Android

WebRTC on Android

flchauxflchaux FRMember ✭✭

Hi,

Does someone successed to integrate the WebRTC library to an working app ?

I successfully created a binding library of the static WebRTC library but when I try to generate an apk referencing this library I have some issues :

• Java8 lambda not supported => I solved by adding "true" into the project file
  • Unable to get provider mono.MonoRuntimeProvider, not solved yet

If someone has already make it work or have an idea, it would be really great to give us some help.
Thanks.

Florian.

Tagged:

• izhangizhang USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hey Florian,

We have a video from our Xamarin University youtube channel that has a demo along with source code. This might help you get a better understanding of how to utilize WebRTC with your Xamarin app.

Xamarin University WebRTC Video
    Sample Code

• flchauxflchaux FRMember ✭✭

Thank you very much @izhang but I would liked a "native" solution, without IceLink or other proprietary solution. Anyway I keep in mind IceLink.

I've many problem with IceLink and I'm always looking for a WebRTC Xamarin lib.

• Have you found a WebRTC Xamarin lib?

Hello @JoergenStorlie, no there is not but you can bind the native library. It's a bit complicated but possible.

• Thought so, don't think I will create binding myself, it will probably take to much time.

What have you done?

• TonyDTonyD USMember ✭✭✭

@JoergenStorlie @flchaux - have either of you managed to get a working WebRTC binding working? I tried for about a day but at this point it looks like it might be easier to move my entire app to Kotlin and use that instead :/

• PaulaAliuPaulaAliu USMember ✭✭

@TonyD said:
    @JoergenStorlie @flchaux - have either of you managed to get a working WebRTC binding working? I tried for about a day but at this point it looks like it might be easier to move my entire app to Kotlin and use that instead :/

Hello all I was able to get the WebRTC Android binding working. I attached the zipped dll file.

I also have the iOS version and I am currently working on a series of 8 articles that will take you from building the original WebRTC libraries for both iOS and Android , converting them to Xamarin bindings, Implementing native functionality, Building a signalling server with SignalR and finally creating a demo app with a custom TURN Server.

You can follow publication of the articles here: https://medium.com/xamarin-webrtc

• TonyDTonyD USMember ✭✭✭

Thanks @PaulaAliu looks like it was quite a bit of effort on your end - since we posted this thread over a year ago, we did end up moving our whole codebase to Kotlin, and haven't looked back since.

• I have working bindings on iOS and Android.

I started with this:
    https://github.com/valentingrigorean/apprtc-ios-xamarin

I made the author
    Valentin Grigorean
    update this and he also made an Android version.

You could contact him

I am also interested in improvement on the bindings.

• Hello all I was able to get the WebRTC Android binding working. I attached the zipped dll file.

I also have the iOS version and I am currently working on a series of 8 articles that will take you from building the original WebRTC libraries for both iOS and Android , converting them to Xamarin bindings, Implementing native functionality, Building a signalling server with SignalR and finally creating a demo app with a custom TURN Server.

Wow, great news. At least someone did it! It's a big step for the community! Well done.

• abcr_1abcr_1 Member ✭✭

@PaulaAliu said:

@TonyD said:

Hello all I was able to get the WebRTC Android binding working. I attached the zipped dll file.

Great Work! Looking forward to the rest of those articles!

• PaulaAliuPaulaAliu USMember ✭✭

@abcr_1 said:

@PaulaAliu said:

@TonyD said:

Great Work! Looking forward to the rest of those articles!

Thanks

• melihercanmelihercan USMember ✭✭

I developed a framework that provides WebRTC support both for Blazor and Xamarin Forms with a single common API. See the DemoApp that runs both on Blazor and Xamarin.
    Checkout this link:

• trungtqtrungtq USMember ✭✭

@melihercan said:
    I developed a framework that provides WebRTC support both for Blazor and Xamarin Forms with a single common API. See the DemoApp that runs both on Blazor and Xamarin.
    Checkout this link:

Helllo, can you give me the link?

@TrungTranQuang said:

@melihercan said:
    Checkout this link:

System was not allowing me to put links by stating "You should be around a little longer to post links" type message.
    Just in case the same happens again, please search 'github' with 'melihercan' and the project name is 'WebRTCme'.

It happened again :(, I cannot post links yet although I am a member since a long time :(
    'WebRTCme' packets are also on Nuget and there is a story on Medium:
    'WebRTC for Blazor and Xamarin Forms with a single common API'

@melihercan said:

@TrungTranQuang said:

@melihercan said:
    Checkout this link:

System was not allowing me to put links by stating "You should be around a little longer to post links" type message.
    Just in case the same happens again, please search 'github' with 'melihercan' and the project name is 'WebRTCme'.

Thank you very much, i found it on github (github.com/melihercan/WebRTCme)

Hi Melihercan:
    My skype is: ba.trungtq
    Can you add my skype? I need your help with this part, I invite coffee :)

Thank you very much.