Forum Community

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Video (German): C# for Android and iOS

RainerRainer ATMember

At last BASTA conference (Germany) I did a session for C# developers about Android and iOS development with Xamarin and Momo. They recorded the session and it is not online at http://windowsdeveloper.de/videos/Xamarin-C-fuer-Android-iOS-171071.

• MikeKrgerMikeKrger DEXamarin Team, Beta Xamurai

You're mentioning that the Xamarin Studio editor misses features you know from Visual Studio.

As a Xamarin Studio developer I would be interested in the features you are missing.
    (Btw. VS2013 added many editor features XS had since years :))

• nickNaylornickNaylor DEMember ✭✭

@MikeKrueger‌ if you ask...
    I am quite happy with XS, but there a some things which are annoying in everyday usage.
    1. you can see only one file at the same time in the editor. In Eclipse you can have as much as you want, even the same file in more then one window.
    This costs me about 30% of my coding speed, because I have to scroll up and down and up and down and...
    2. the GIT support is so buggy, that it is hardly usable at all. Beside basic commiting, pushing and updating about 30-40% of all git actions result in a crash or an exception popup. I gave up and use a external app (sourcetree) because of this. If one reports these problems in bugzilla, they get pretty much ignored

Beside this and your pricing I have not much to complain about :)

• MikeKrgerMikeKrger DEXamarin Team, Beta Xamurai

We know about these two points and we're working on it ...