How to add Simulators for testing Xamarin.iOS app?

darshdevnetdarshdevnet Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in Xamarin.iOS

Hello Friends,

Is there any way we can add Simulators for testing Xamarin.iOS app in Visual Studio list of Simulators?

I am using Windows 10 with Visual Studio Professional 2017 (15.7.5), Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac SDK - 11.12.0.4. For mac connection, I am using MacInCloud.

If I click on menu options Tools --> iOS --> Show iOS Simulator, in MacInCloud the simulator iPhone X - 11.4 is opened. However it is now showing up in the list of devices in Visual Studio to select to start run/test application.

Thank You

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

If your Visual Studio on Windows has paired to the Mac, the simulator list will enumerate all the simulators Xcode supports. If you want to add more simulators, you should configure it on the Xcode: Window => Devices and Simulators => Simulators. At the left bottom corner of this window, you can add the simulators you want.

After this configuration on Mac Xcode, reopen your VS on windows. Then pair to Mac, you will find all the simulators you added above in the list.

• darshdevnetdarshdevnet Member ✭✭

@LandLu said:
    If your Visual Studio on Windows has paired to the Mac, the simulator list will enumerate all the simulators Xcode supports. If you want to add more simulators, you should configure it on the Xcode: Window => Devices and Simulators => Simulators. At the left bottom corner of this window, you can add the simulators you want.

After this configuration on Mac Xcode, reopen your VS on windows. Then pair to Mac, you will find all the simulators you added above in the list.

Thank You for the instructions. I have followed the steps you have mentioned here and check the check box "Show as run destination" for iPhone X simulator. Restarted VS on windows and pair to mac however still the simulator iPhone X is not showing in the list. Any idea about this?

@darshdevnet I added a new emulator with type iPhoneX-11.4 on my Xcode. Return to my VS on windows, it will be shown on my list:

You mentioned However it is now showing up in the list of devices in Visual Studio to select to start run/test application.. Do you want it to show up or not?

@LandLu said:
    @darshdevnet I added a new emulator with type iPhoneX-11.4 on my Xcode. Return to my VS on windows, it will be shown on my list:

You mentioned However it is now showing up in the list of devices in Visual Studio to select to start run/test application.. Do you want it to show up or not?

Yes, I want it to show up. In XCode I have successfully added it and I want it in the Visual Studio but it is not there in the list.

Please see I have set it in the XCode however it is not in the list in visual studio. Is there anything I am missing here?

Try to create a new project using Xcode, can this simulators be shown in the Xcode list?