Native crash on Android tgkill

topbktopbk AUMember ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have an Android app built on Xamarin Form Cross Platform. It is working fine except it has crash some time which I can't figure it out.
This is what I can find from Play Console.

backtrace:
#00 pc 000000000004acf4 /system/lib/libc.so (tgkill+12)
#01 pc 0000000000048493 /system/lib/libc.so (pthread_kill+34)
#02 pc 000000000001d5c1 /system/lib/libc.so (raise+10)
#03 pc 00000000000190a1 /system/lib/libc.so (__libc_android_abort+34)
#04 pc 0000000000017104 /system/lib/libc.so (abort+4)
#05 pc 000000000029cc6c /data/app/com.topbookkeeper.topbk-2/lib/arm/libmonosgen-2.0.so

Appreciate if anyone can give an idea.

Thanks
Sid

Answers

• robbitrobbit CNMember Xamurai

You need use addr2line to translate the number to line to get more accurate error.

I found this for you.

• topbktopbk AUMember ✭✭

Hi Mate,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm completely lost. how can I install addr2line in my PC (win 10)? I did not find any article explaining it.

In the answer, you can find:

I'm using NDK r5, so the executable I'm using is located at $NDK/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin; make sure that is in your $PATH. The command to use looks like

The addr2line's path is your ndk's path+/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin.

You can find the NDK path by this document.

And I have found a article to introduce addr2line.

• topbktopbk AUMember ✭✭

Hi Mate,

Really appreciate your help.

addr2line is locate as below.

and I set the environment path

but where do I need to run this command? is it in Command prompt?

edited August 2018

Or you can use ndk-stack to get the crash.

Firstly, use adb command to catch the crash into foo.txt file:

adb logcat > /tmp/foo.txt

If you want to run this command in cmd, you need add the adb into your pc environment path. And you can replace the path /tmp/foo.txt to yourself path like D:\foo.txt.

Then the cmd window will get into waiting state. And then you can run you app, and the adb logcat will catch your crash and write it into D:\foo.txt. You can check the foo.txt.

Secondly, use ndk-stack tool to profile the crash, open a new cmd window to run below command:

$NDK/ndk-stack -sym $PROJECT_PATH/obj/local/armeabi -dump foo.txt

About $NDK, it is your NDK's location, and the $PROJECT_PATH/obj/local/armeabi, you need find your .so file's location, and replace it.

• topbktopbk AUMember ✭✭

Hi Mate,

I have set up ndk-stack.exe but the issue is how to find .so file. based on the error I need to look for "libmonosgen-2.0.so" file. My project is in Visual Studio 2017 with Xamarine Form cross-platform app. I did the file search on my project folder but I can't find this file.

• topbktopbk AUMember ✭✭

I'm really stuck. I need to know the location of libmonosgen-2.0.so file then I can run ndk-stack.exe

• I have the same issue, with the same backtrace. Did you find a solution?

Regards,

Edmara

• topbktopbk AUMember ✭✭

Unfortunately, no

I'm still struggling.