Can someone explain me what is Binding And MVVM?

SebGM2018SebGM2018 ✭✭Member ✭✭

I’m starting in Xamarin.Forms and XAML, But there is almost nothing of information, I have an idea of what Binding Is, Correct me if I’m wrong, with binding I can, for example, have a variable called Name with the Value John inside, and if I put a label text =“{Binding Name}”, the label text should be John?, like a normal variable?, it’s the only I understand. Also if you have a good site where I can learn XAML, can you share it with me? Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent ✭✭✭✭✭ USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

MVVM is a pattern that has existed since WPF and XAML hit the scene 15+ years ago. There is TONS of documentation on it.
    Binding is part of MVVM - See above

There is countless books on the topic - far too big to tackle in a thread. Google "MVVM pattern" and "MVVM tutorial"

The free de-facto text book for Xamarin covers it.
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/microsoft_press/2016/03/31/free-ebook-creating-mobile-apps-with-xamarin-forms/

There are also numerous books on XAML. Hit up Amazon.

Countless tutorials on 'net for XAML, MVVM and Xamarin. Xamarin University even put a lot of their classes up on YouTube for free.

Xamarin University covers it - and if you have no coding experience then you probably really need to sign up before you try to learn it by banging on the keyboard and reverse-engineering based on what happens.

But there is almost nothing of information

Me thinks you do not know how to google.