Load a Xamarin.Forms.Application with the method "LoadApplication" inside an Xamarin.App

ParzivalParzival Member ✭✭

Hello Xamarin community,

Can i load an "Xamarin.Forms.Application" with the method "LoadApplication" inside an already loaded Xamarin.App?
My scenario is that i have a menu application which start serveral other applications. The other applications are saved in dynamic linked libaries, which i have referenced to the menu application. Now my question is if i can start the other application like so "LoadApplication(OtherApplication.App);"? Or do you have a better idea?

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@Parzival said:
    Hello Xamarin community,

Can i load an "Xamarin.Forms.Application" with the method "LoadApplication" inside an already loaded Xamarin.App?

I would have to say no.

My scenario is that i have a menu application which start serveral other applications. The other applications are saved in dynamic linked libaries, which i have referenced to the menu application. Now my question is if i can start the other application like so "LoadApplication(OtherApplication.App);"? Or do you have a better idea?

Not at the moment, but I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do. Is your menu app a Xamarin App? When you launch another app from your menu app, does it launch and switch to the other app, or does the other app run inside your menu app? If not running inside your menu app, then you should be able to start a Xamarin Forms app in the same manner you would start any other app, with URI Schemes, and these can be full app packages.