Does Xamarin Studio Still Work?

SebGM2018SebGM2018 Member ✭✭
I Want To Know If Xamarin Studio Still Works, With All That Microsoft Bought Xamarin.
With Work I Mean I Can Download It, Develop On It, And Publish App In Stores With It, If Yes, I Want To Know How To Download It For Windows, And Its Specs.
I want to download it, because I was using Visual Studio, but it has a lot of bugs (Like the type or namespace InitializeComponent doesnt exist in the current context).

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@SebGM2018

Xamarin Studio on Windows is no loner actively supported and has not been updated in quite a while. Also it never supported developing iOS or UWP apps, so if you are using a Xamarin.Forms project (which it seems you are based on mentioning the "InitializeComponent doesn't exist in the current context" issue) you would only be able to build and deploy for Android.

AS far as I know, that "InitializeComponent doesn't exist in the current context" issue is only an INtellisense issue which usually can be resolved by closing ad re-opening the solution and/or doing a clean and rebuild for the solution.

You might want to look over the most current bug report for this issue here:
    https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/2863