Forum Xamarin.Forms

How to implement TouchEffects in a cross platform app?

hkiddhkidd Member ✭✭

I am trying to develop an application that implements fingerpainting on top of an image. I am hitting a roadblock trying to do this with SkiaSharp because I can't figure out how to implement the TouchEffects. Is this something that needs to be manually implemented or is there a better solution? I am a new developer and trying to approach this in the most efficient way! Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@hkidd said:
    @seanyda Does this work for cross platform applications or is this iOS specific? It's seeming like the TouchEffect class is something that I have to manually create. Or are you saying I can simply copy and paste the TouchEffect code from the demo and use that in my own application?

This is cross platform, It works for iOS and Android as long as you copy over the effect for each individual platform.

Answers

• hkiddhkidd Member ✭✭

@seanyda Does this work for cross platform applications or is this iOS specific? It's seeming like the TouchEffect class is something that I have to manually create. Or are you saying I can simply copy and paste the TouchEffect code from the demo and use that in my own application?

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@hkidd said:

This is cross platform, It works for iOS and Android as long as you copy over the effect for each individual platform.