Can deploy to iPhone but not iPad 0xe8000087 (kAMDIncorrectArchitectureError)

I have a Xamarin Forms app that works well on Android and iPhone, but just tried deploying to an iPad Mini. It's running iOS 9.3.5 (which is it's max) but I'm targetting 8, so I beleive it should work (as it does to 3 different iPhones).

It goes through all the motions, counting up the % of deployment then errors out with:

Launch failed. The app 'test.iOS' could not be launched on 'Test iPad'. Error: error MT1006: Could not install the application '/Users/Me/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/test.iOS/93855ffa612fde083ef55b36d6f598cd/bin/iPhone/Debug/test.iOS.app' on the device 'Test iPad': AMDeviceSecureInstallApplicationBundle returned: 0xe8000087 (kAMDIncorrectArchitectureError).. Please check the logs for more details.

I've looked at the config pages I can find, but can't see why this would be building for AMD and not ARM, nor why it would do this for an iPad but not iPhone.

Just for completenss, I build a test app in XCode and it deploys and runs perfectly.

Any ideas?

• DavidPartingtonDavidPartington USMember ✭✭

Oof..... never mind - sorry! So old I had to change to ARMv7 + ARMv7s + ARM64 - I guess all my iPhones are 64bit!