Is it possible to develope simple app for ios in visual studio without mac pc?

Is it possible to develope simple app for ios in visual studio without mac pc?

Best Answer

Answers

• Bob_ReckBob_Reck USMember ✭✭✭

And just to clarify, it is a requirement of Apple, not Xamarin.

• dhrumilshahdhrumilshah USMember

is there any hardware requirement for mac pc?
    actually i want to purchase xamarin pack and urgentally want to develope an app in mac pc so my question is there minimum requirement for mac pc for regarding work on xamarin ?

• GuillermoGutierrezGuillermoGutierrez ESMember ✭✭✭

If you only want it as a build server, go for the cheapest Mac Mini or any Refurbished Mac able to run Mavericks.

• dhrumilshahdhrumilshah USMember

yesterday i purchase a mac pro laptop and install xamarin.ios .
    Now when i create build host in it, it gives me alert to at least purchase a business adition or higher. now i just afford a INDIE $299/year plan. So in that plan android and ios app developement possible?

• SteveFlackSteveFlack GBMember ✭✭
    edited February 2014

The plans are per platform so for Indie it's $299 for iOS and $299 for Android.

Unfortunately I think headless builds require business tier or higher. Personally I think this isn't really a "business" feature and is just good engineering practice but that's where Xamarin have drawn the line.

• GuillermoGutierrezGuillermoGutierrez ESMember ✭✭✭

Yes, sadly Visual Studio support is only available for Business and Enterprise plans (see the plans page). I purchased Business to use Visual Studio + Resharper as the main IDE, but it's been long time since I don't start the windows virtual machine.

You can trial the Xamarin Business plan and see if you can get used to Xamarin Studio in the meantime.