Using Visual Studio (for windows) to Bind to Objective-C project

KenNickersonKenNickerson USMember ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Xamarin.iOS

Hello -

I have been researching how to do this from my VS environment in Windows but not finding anything specific. I see many references to Objective Sharpie (and that might be for the creation of the IOS library) but can't find a download. I have a .a file on my Mac and need to configure my IOS Binding project in VS and how to navigate to it. I apologize in advance but just haven't found out how to proceed from here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ken

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• KenNickersonKenNickerson USMember ✭✭✭

@ColeX

Looks like a great resource. I have VS for Mac however I work primarily from my windows environment. Do you suggest I move the ios library to my windows machine? Is there a way to reference it directly from my mac build host

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@KenNickerson

Refer to that link, you can create binding project with the static library file both on mac or windows.

After building successfully with binding project , you can reference the dll to your main project for use.

• KenNickersonKenNickerson USMember ✭✭✭

Hey @ColeX

It appears what I need is some insight into creating the Objective-C binding, not the Xamarin Binding Project. I have Objective Sharpie, but it looks like it may not be supported any longer. Not sure what the case is so any insight is greatly appreciated