Issue with creating Distribution Certificate and .p12 File

SreeeeSreeee INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I follow the below blog for creating the distribution certificate and .p12 file but stuck on the final steps.
https://support.magplus.com/hc/en-us/articles/203808748-iOS-Creating-a-Distribution-Certificate-and-p12-File

I am stuck on the 13th step. I uploaded the CSR file and downloaded the .cer file to my machine, but I can't install it on the Keychain access. When I double click on the .cer file, keychain access folder is opening but my certificate is not showing there. Below is the screenshot of keychain access folder when double click the .cer file.

How can I solve this issue? Where I need to upload the .p12 file? Is there any additional steps for creating the ipa file in xamarin forms?
Thanks in advance :)

Best Answers

• SreeeeSreeee IN ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018 Accepted Answer

@seanyda The certificate is generated in the login folder of the keychain access.

• SreeeeSreeee IN ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@seanyda Changed the signing identity to distributed, then the provisioning profile field come to enable. But there is no certificate selection option.

Answers

• SreeeeSreeee INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@seanyda

Is the selected file in the above screenshot is the Distribution Certificate?

edited July 2018 Accepted Answer

@seanyda The certificate is generated in the login folder of the keychain access.

@seanyda Now I successfully exported the .p12 file, Can you tell on where I need to upload this in developer.apple.com?

@seanyda After installing the .cer file in Keychain Access getting the same error:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/iOS/Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets(3,3): Error: No valid iOS code signing keys found in keychain. You need to request a codesigning certificate from https://developer.apple.com. (Business_App.iOS)

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to select the certificate and then the provisional profile you created with that certificate (in the bundle signing section).

@seanyda said:
    You need to select the certificate and then the provisional profile you created with that certificate (in the bundle signing section).

Successfully created the certificate and provisioning profile and I am trying Bundle signing part. I found the bundle signing option by double-clicking the ios project. But only provisioning profile option is available there and which is also in disable state. Screenshot adding below.

Accepted Answer

@seanyda Changed the signing identity to distributed, then the provisioning profile field come to enable. But there is no certificate selection option.

edited July 2018

@seanyda I select the provisioning profile and certificate then do the Archive for publishing. Successfully complete the Archive, but when I click on the sign and distribute getting a strange error. Provisioning profile bundle identifier is not matched with the bundle identifier of the app.

edited July 2018

Does your Bundle Identifier match the identifier you created in developer.apple.com? You can find it in your info.plist.

@seanyda said:
    Does your Bundle Identifier match the identifier you created in developer.apple.com? You can find it in your info.plist.

I choose the ad-hoc option, that was the problem. When I choose the app store option things go good and IPA file generation successful.

Now I am trying to upload the app to app store using xcode. I got the option for upload to app store. But when I click upload to store showing that no itunesconnct account is found. I try to add the itnes account, but showing that your apple id or password is incorrect. But itunesconnect account is opening with the same credentials in safari.

@Sreeee said:

@seanyda said:

I choose the ad-hoc option, that was the problem. When I choose the app store option things go good and IPA file generation successful.

Now I am trying to upload the app to app store using xcode. I got the option for upload to app store. But when I click upload to store showing that no itunesconnct account is found. I try to add the itnes account, but showing that your apple id or password is incorrect. But itunesconnect account is opening with the same credentials in safari.

You need to use your developer.apple.com to sign the app, not a normal iTunes account.

@seanyda I already sign the app and completed the details of app.

Now I am trying to upload the IPA file only. For uploading the IPA file I am using xcode. But having a problem with itunesaccount addition in xcode, showing "your apple id or password is incorrect".