Xamarin forms project build fails on app center

AdhamAliAdhamAli USMember ✭✭

I'm developing a Xamarin.Forms application for Andrid **and **UWP. The solution contains 3 projects: The NetStandered project, the Android Project and the UWP projects. I was trying to build and distribute the Android app for my testers through app center. I uploaded the project to my GitHub repo, connected it to app center and started building. Every time the build fails and says that it couldn't recognize some types that were on an external assembly I added to the project. It is the business code you might say. Although the build completes successfully on my local PC and I even run it on my android device.
How can I make the build succeed.

I will attach the build log for anyone willing to help

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@AdhamAli You are using an external module named "TournamentSystem" which is present on your pc but not uploaded to App Center.

Is it a dll or an external project whose files are added to your project as links? What is it and where is it?

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@AdhamAli said:

If you clone your repo to a new location on your PC, does it still build? I would expect it to have the same errors...

• AdhamAliAdhamAli USMember ✭✭

@ShantimohanElchuri TournamentSystem is a .netstandard library contains the business logic for the app.
    It is embedded to the .netstandard Xamarin.Forms project and after each build it is copied to the bin files of each project

@JohnHair I've just cloned the repo from GitHub and I searched "TournamentSystem.dll" and i didn't find any library although it was in each project folder for the 3 projects on my local computer

but most importantly i open the cloned solution from visual studio and CORRECT the build fails and it tells me the same messages that it couldn't find the types

so all i have to do is to put the library in the solution folder or somewhere in the tree but i dont know this directory
    so any help about this?

I figured it out and decided to share the solution with you
    the TournamentSystem library wasnt embeded in the solution files