Test iOS part on an iPhone which is plugged into Windows machine

MikilllMikilll Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Xamarin.Forms

Hello. Is it possible in Xamarin Forms, when developing an iOS part of the application to deploy it to the iPhone which is plugged into my Windows computer (not Mac)? I have paired Mac to my Windows computer but this Mac is located in another room. For me, it would be easier to test my app on an iPhone which is plugged into my Windows computer.

PS: I know that I can use an iOS simulator, but testing on the simulator cannot substitute testing on a real device.

Tagged:

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

There's some documentation out there for "remote/wireless debugging".
    You set up the phone to be on the same wifi network and you can deploy to it wirelessly. Visual Studio has done remote debugging for years.
    You still need the mac - but it won't be a problem if it is in another room so long as it is on the same network.

• MikilllMikilll Member ✭✭✭

But I can't find any documentation about remote debugging. Also, Visual Studio recognizes iPhones only if they are plugged into Mac, not to Windows.

About "wireless" - unfortunately, it is not a solution for me, because in my company PC's do not have wireless network cards.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no wifi in the building? Its not uncommon to have the wired and wireless networks bridged in the network/server room. The PC doesn't have to be on the wifi to be on the same network as the wifi.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

@Mikilll said:
    But I can't find any documentation about remote debugging. Also, Visual Studio recognizes iPhones only if they are plugged into Mac, not to Windows.

About "wireless" - unfortunately, it is not a solution for me, because in my company PC's do not have wireless network cards.

They recognise iPhones plugged into Win10 if there's a Mac VM running on Win10....according to youtube and other sources.

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

If you want to deploy your app to physical device , you have to connect to the mac not windows pc.