How can I improve the button on a Card (listview item) so you can tap on it easy

KhosrouKhosrou Member ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a listview with Cards as items. On each Card on the right bottom corner, there is a calendar icon as a button so you can tap on it and set the the date of the availability. But it's difficult to tap on the calendar icon, instead it taps on the Card. How can I improve this? I already tried making the button bigger or the paddings but no result. Can somebody help me out?

Merci!

Answers

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited July 2018

Think about what's getting the gesture, the items behind or the image/button.

Best results are generally by having a StackLayout/ContentView handle the tap gesture and have an image, consider Input Transparent and the data template. a 30x30 png is hard to tap.

A grid generally works better within a viewcell that handles the tap having a container that does it with the content rendered within, also consider UWP which deals with gestures within a list etc differently.

• KhosrouKhosrou Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Indeed, I've implemented a grid and made the column where the icon is little bigger and added a gesturerecognizer to the stacklayout in that column. It works perfect!