Xamarin Native VS (Xamarin Forms or Native) Development

CodeSenseiCodeSensei USMember ✭✭

If I need to write an iOS and Android app, I would choose the route of either using Xamarin Forms or go Native on each platform.

What would be the use case for using Xamarin Native?

• There is no code re-use
  • The time it takes to learn Xamarin Native might take the same time learning Native for each platform. Even with Xamarin Native you have to understand each iOS and Droid platform fundamentals.
  • Xamarin Native doesnt seem to have resourceful documentation and not many articles found on stackoverflow or xamarin forums.
  • I like C#, but I'd rather learn Java and Swift, than trying to learn Xamarin Native.

Best Answer

Answers

• GVxGVx USMember ✭✭✭

It depends on what your app is.. Xamarin Forms is only good for VERY simple apps... Showing text, maybe an image, and some buttons...

If you want to make a quality app then definitely go Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.IOS.... Either way you will learn a lot about Android and IOS development... You use only one language instead of two... massive win right there...

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@GVx said:
    It depends on what your app is.. Xamarin Forms is only good for VERY simple apps... Showing text, maybe an image, and some buttons...

Ah what? Totally disagree with your statement.

• KhuKhu AUMember ✭✭

@GVx said:

If you want to make a quality app then definitely go Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.IOS.... Either way you will learn a lot about Android and IOS development... You use only one language instead of two... massive win right there...

It is actually a big misleading!