I get this error ALL THE TIME: "An active connection is required to perform the build"

ALL THE TIME, even when I'm already connected to the MAC.

The only way to fix it is to close VS and open again. I have to do this after 3 to 4 launches of the app I'm debugging.

>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): warning : An error occured on client build7296slzub while executing a post for topic xma/clients
>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): warning : The operation has timed out.
>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): warning :    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): warning :    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): warning :    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): warning :    at Xamarin.Messaging.Client.MessagingClient.<PostAsync>d__23`2.MoveNext() in E:\A\_work\6\s\External\messaging\src\Xamarin.Messaging.Client\MessagingClient.cs:line 164
>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): warning : An error occured on client build7296slzub while executing a post for topic xma/clients
>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): error : Unable to connect to Mac Server with Address='xxx' and User='xxx'. An active connection is required to perform the build

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Hi @SleimanZublidi.MS,

Could you please attach your logs by going to Help > Xamarin > Zip Logs?

Thanks,
    Pierce

• SleimanZublidi.MSSleimanZublidi.MS CAMember ✭✭

@PierceBoggan

When I click the Pair window, it shows it's connected. I try to run and I get the error.

1>  Connecting to Mac server SLZUBLID-MBP...
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): warning : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): error : Unable to connect to Mac Server with Address='SLZUBLID-MBP' and User='slzublid'. An active connection is required to perform the build

I have to disconnect, wait, connect, than I can run. It happens multiple times a day.

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Thanks! I'll have the team take a look.

• SleimanZublidi.MSSleimanZublidi.MS CAMember ✭✭

When I click the Pair window, it shows connected

1> Connecting to Mac server SLZUBLID-MBP...
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): warning : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.targets(41,3): error : Unable to connect to Mac Server with Address='SLZUBLID-MBP' and User='slzublid'. An active connection is required to perform the build
    2> Connecting to Mac server SLZUBLID-MBP...

From the log:

System.Net.Mqtt.Sdk.MqttClientFactory|Error|0|An error occurred while initializing a client
    System.Net.Mqtt.MqttException: An error occurred while connecting via TCP to the endpoint address SLZUBLID-MBP and port 52304, to establish an MQTT connection ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.161.168.200:52304