Unable to authentificate on iOS in Xamarin forms project

I made a PCL in which I must identify myself so I have a login page and use login page render that are plateform specific using Xamarin Forms.

On android I am able to authentificate myself with this call : Context.StartActivity(oAuth2Authenticator.GetUI(Context)); in the android renderer

The problem is on iOS when I call this : PresentViewController(oAuth2Authenticator.GetUI(), true, null);

Only a white screen appears.

Before the renderer is called navigation.PushModalAsync(new LoginPage(…)) is called.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@bob_parker

(Thread moved to Xamarin.Forms)

Hard to say what is happening without more context. You may want to check either the Application Output in the IDE when you are loading that page to see if there are any messages that may help you identify the issue. Also the looking at the iOS device logs might help as well.

Device console logs

Visual Studio Windows:
    1. Use the View->Other Windows->Device Log menu to launch the Device Log pane.
    2. Choose the device in the Choose Device drop down list at the top of the pane.

Visual Studio Mac:
    1. Use the View->Pads->Device Log menu to launch the Device Log pane.
    2. Choose the device in the Choose Device drop down list at the top of the pane.

XCode:
    1. Open Xcode with your device attached to your Mac.
    2. Click the Window->Devices menu to open the Devices window.
    3. Select your device from the list on the left and then click the small up arrow button on the lower left of the main pane. This will open the live console logs for the device.

Simulator console logs

1. Open the Console app on your Mac and select your simulator on the left