Bad looking buttons on Android after upgrading Xamarin Forms to 3.0

MikilllMikilll ✭✭✭Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Xamarin.Forms

After upgrading solution to Xamarin Forms 3.0 everything is fine except one thing - the layout of the buttons. Here I am posting screens to ilustrate that:

Xamarin Forms 2.5

Xamarin Forms 3.0

As you can see after upgrading Xamarin Forms to version 3.0 rounded corners and shadows on buttons suddenly disappeared on Android. It looks worse than it was. Now buttons are not looking like buttons. The problem occurs on Android. I was not checking that on iOS. Is there a way to fix it?

Answers

• Amar_BaitAmar_Bait ✭✭✭✭✭ DZMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Does your MainApplication inherits from AppCompatActivity? what is the style of your Android app (in resources/values/style.xml file). I advice you to create a new temporary Xamarin Forms project, and compare the Android projects between the two.

• robbitrobbit Xamurai CNMember Xamurai

Hi @Mikilll ,

Would you mind provide a demo for you question? My XF is 3.0, and the button works fine.

• Liêm_NguyễnLiêm_Nguyễn ✭✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭✭

Create your custom button. Or set style in App.xaml!

• MikilllMikilll ✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

@robbit: Compare button appearance before upgrading to Xamarin Forms 3.0 and before. They are not looking the same.
    @Liem_Nguyen: But can I add shadow to a button?

• SHUBHAMSHARMA_2927SHUBHAMSHARMA_2927 ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭
    Hello @Mikilll if you try frame with zero padding can be give shadow to your button...Can you please try it