Forum Xamarin.Android

TCP/IP example for xamarin.android needed.

shubham1shubham1 Member ✭✭✭

I want to build a simple app for Android that connects to a bit of hardware using TCP/IP and giving it an IP address and a port number and I am really struggling to know where to start - can anyone point me to any examples for this?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ahsan_SiddiqueAhsan_Siddique PKMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

@Shubhuuu said:
    I want to build a simple app for Android that connects to a bit of hardware using TCP/IP and giving it an IP address and a port number and I am really struggling to know where to start - can anyone point me to any examples for this?

Thanks.

I have a working sample on github, you can clone and download. Start both app one for Xamarin.Android that work as client app and one for Server/Workstation app that work as Server or Workstation app.

https://github.com/AhsanSiddique/TCP-IP-Server-Client-Sample

• shubham1shubham1 Member ✭✭✭

@Ahsan_Siddique said:

@Shubhuuu said:

Thanks.

I have a working sample on github, you can clone and download. Start both app one for Xamarin.Android that work as client app and one for Server/Workstation app that work as Server or Workstation app.

Okay. Let me try.
    Thanks

@Shubhuuu said:

@Ahsan_Siddique said:

@Shubhuuu said:

Thanks.

Okay. Let me try.
    Thanks

If you have any question please feel free to reach out me.

@Ahsan_Siddique have you ever worked with wifi in xamarin forms?

@Shubhuuu said:

Yes of course i have worked with wifi in xamarin forms. You mean the same project for xamarin.forms?

> @Ahsan_Siddique said:
    > @Shubhuuu said:
    > @Ahsan_Siddique have you ever worked with wifi in xamarin forms?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes of course i have worked with wifi in xamarin forms. You mean the same project for xamarin.forms?

yes.. actually what i want is.
    . I have a gateway and I want to connect that gateway to. the server/internet. xamarin. form

@Shubhuuu said:
    > @Ahsan_Siddique said:
    > @Shubhuuu said:
    > @Ahsan_Siddique have you ever worked with wifi in xamarin forms?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes of course i have worked with wifi in xamarin forms. You mean the same project for xamarin.forms?

yes.. actually what i want is.
    . I have a gateway and I want to connect that gateway to. the server/internet. xamarin. form

I did not get your point.

@Ahsan_Siddique said:

@Shubhuuu said:

Yes of course i have worked with wifi in xamarin forms. You mean the same project for xamarin.forms?

can you share me the sample code for wifi in xamarin forms?

@Shubhuuu said:

@Ahsan_Siddique said:

@Shubhuuu said:

can you share me the sample code for wifi in xamarin forms?

You mean TCP/IP example for xamarin.forms??

@Ahsan_Siddique said:

@Shubhuuu said:

I need the sample code of WiFi.

@Ahsan_Siddique said:
    I have updated my existing repository now you can find Xamarin.Forms client sample. Clone and download Xamarin.Forms client project.

Thank you so much.

• iSukhiiSukhi Member ✭✭

@Ahsan_Siddique sir, Thank you. The example is very good. I am working on the same concept in Xamarin forms project where I need to send packets over TCP/TLS. I have the certificate but I am not sure how to user certificate to make the TCP connection secure. Please let me know If you have any idea.