Can I build an IPA with an i386 + x86_64 architecture?

SomewhereElseSomewhereElse USMember ✭✭

I've been asked to provide an IPA with an i386 + x86_64 architecture for a QA team.
From what I can see, this architecture is only available on the iPhone simulator where the option to build an IPA is greyed out, and the iPhone platform configurations support ARM architectures only.

Can anyone please advise on how to do this?
Thanks.

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

An IPA is just an .app file zipped and packaged. You can just provide them with the .app file built for simulator. An IPA for simulator makes no sense since an IPA is just an app packaged for distribution. There is no point to distribute to simulators. and there are no Apple devices that use i386 or x86_64, so not sure why QA would be asking for this. I would imagine QA testing should happen on a device not a simulator.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@SomewhereElse @jgoldberger is 100% correct, QA should absolutely not be testing an app in the simulator, they should be using real devices and you/they can configure QA email addresses in TestFlight for internal testing.