Crash on load

DrakxDrakx USMember ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Xamarin.Forms


The company I work for has developed an app using Xamarin.Forms and while that process has had its ups and downs all of which I don't want to get into today, we pushed a version of the app to the iOS AppStore for TestFlight.
Apple came back to us saying it had been rejected due to a crash on load, so, we set off to investigate the problem

Steps we took
1. Build on an iPad using "release" as the configuration from within Visual Studio - App starts and runs as expected with cable still attched
2. Release an Enterprise build and download to the same iPad deleting previous "Release" build first - App crashes on load
3. Desymbolicate crash log

/Applications/ crash.crash >> desym.log

The result of this is the following

Incident Identifier: A6264392-5A4A-4BAE-AAA0-A93F0ACBEAA4
CrashReporter Key:   498211b599c1500911329b8b178711d115c06a7f
Hardware Model:      iPad6,7
Process:             OurAppNew [638]
Path:                /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/E8532546-68EC-48B5-AF53-1B719C1DB54B/
Version:             322 (3.0.10)
Code Type:           ARM-64 (Native)
Role:                Foreground
Parent Process:      launchd [1]
Coalition:  [605]

Date/Time:           2018-06-05 16:50:09.3275 +0100
Launch Time:         2018-06-05 16:50:09.2444 +0100
OS Version:          iPhone OS 11.3.1 (15E302)
Baseband Version:    n/a
Report Version:      104

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:  EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Triggered by Thread:  0

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

Filtered syslog:
None found

Thread 0 name:  tid_303  Dispatch queue:
Thread 0 Crashed:
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib          0x00000001822052ec __pthread_kill + 8
1   libsystem_pthread.dylib         0x00000001823a6288 pthread_kill$VARIANT$mp + 376
2   libsystem_c.dylib               0x0000000182173db0 __abort + 152
3   libsystem_c.dylib               0x0000000182173d18 __abort + 0
4   OurAppNew                           0x0000000102a956ec print_callback(char const*, int) + 28956396 (runtime.m:1216)
5   OurAppNew                           0x0000000102a83cec monoeg_g_log + 28884204 (goutput.c:125)
6   OurAppNew                           0x000000010290d6f4 load_aot_module + 27350772 (aot-runtime.c:2099)
7   OurAppNew                           0x0000000102966268 mono_assembly_load_from_predicate + 27714152 (assembly.c:2321)
8   OurAppNew                           0x0000000102965dcc mono_assembly_open_predicate + 27712972 (assembly.c:1973)
9   OurAppNew                           0x0000000102a94e28 xamarin_open_and_register + 28954152 (runtime.m:944)
10  OurAppNew                           0x0000000100f55554 xamarin_register_assemblies_impl() + 382292 (main.m:109)
11  OurAppNew                           0x0000000102a9c418 xamarin_main + 28984344 (monotouch-main.m:434)
12  OurAppNew                           0x0000000100f556d0 main + 382672 (main.m:136)
13  libdyld.dylib                   0x00000001820d5fc0 start + 4

Thread 1:
0   libsystem_pthread.dylib         0x00000001823a3b04 start_wqthread + 0

Thread 2:
0   libsystem_pthread.dylib         0x00000001823a3b04 start_wqthread + 0

This crash log is indicating that there's a problem within the Xamarin framework somewhere. We've ran the app a couple of times to get a few more logs and each of the logs come back to same.

Sign In or Register to comment.