Forum Xamarin.Android

How you desing interface for android?

HalukmyHalukmy TRMember ✭✭

i update and desing with droiddraw but its old and useless.. is ther any easy update or like xcode ui manager? eclipse is pretty nasty too iguess :)

• TomOpgenorthTomOpgenorth CAXamarin Team Xamurai

The UI designer in Xamarin Studio and Visual Studio is pretty good IMHO. Or you could just do it with a text editor (Sublime, TextMate, etc).

• moljacmoljac HRBeta ✭✭✭

Why not using Android designer in Xamarin Studio and Visual Studio. I have integrated DroidDraw in Visual Studio, but Xamarin's Aandroid Designer is much better. I want to test new Android Studio to see what is there

• HalukmyHalukmy TRMember ✭✭

ok i will try xamarin studio thanks,

visual studio editor was pretty laggy but not try been while

• rmaciasrmacias USBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, once you understand how the different layouts work in Android I find it more efficient to code up the user interface in XML rather than using the designers. The designers usually get in my way, and the Visual Studio (last time I checked) designer had some rendering bugs. The designer in Xamarin Studio appears to be more stable, but I'm usually an all-code-kind-of-monkey.

what is all code kind of monkey

• TomOpgenorthTomOpgenorth CAXamarin Team Xamurai

Figure of speech. @rmacias means he just prefers to work in XML and not the designer (my general preference as well)

• rmaciasrmacias USBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, yup, just figure of speech. I like writing out the XML more than using the designer. I tend to be more efficient that way, but to each their own. But I do think that once you understand how LinearLayout, RelativeLayout, etc work, it's relatively easy to code it up with XML. Just my preference.

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

I would recommend to take a look at the Android Studio. The designer is really good. I wrote a blog post about it last year. Unfortunately, it is in german. ;-)

To sum it up. The Android Studio designer shows a better preview, especially for list views. And helps you to create a tablet layout based on an phone layout.

Thanks Sebastian, i like to see your post if you like to share link^^

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

thanks!