Unexpected install output

Billy12ShovelsBilly12Shovels USUniversity ✭✭✭

Hello Forums,

I am coming across an issue deploying an Android 5.0 device. One of the error messages is 'Unexpected install output: pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk'

Here is the ending part of the output:
2>[BEGIN] Detecting installed packages
2>[MESSAGE] Detecting installed packages...
2>Detecting installed packages...
2>DEBUG RunShellCommand 235fc817 am broadcast -a "mono.android.intent.action.PACKAGE_VERSIONS" -e "packages" "Mono.Android.DebugRuntime,Mono.Android.Platform.ApiLevel_26,com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc" -n "Mono.Android.DebugRuntime/com.xamarin.mono.android.PackageVersions"
2>TASK: Broadcast am broadcast -a "mono.android.intent.action.PACKAGE_VERSIONS" -e "packages" "Mono.Android.DebugRuntime,Mono.Android.Platform.ApiLevel_26,com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc" -n "Mono.Android.DebugRuntime/com.xamarin.mono.android.PackageVersions" completed?:Broadcasting: Intent { act=mono.android.intent.action.PACKAGE_VERSIONS cmp=Mono.Android.DebugRuntime...
2>[END]
2>[BEGIN] Installing application on device
2>[MESSAGE] Copying application to device...
2>Copying application to device...
2>[PROGRESS] 10
2>10% ... 3200kb of 31407kb copied
2>[PROGRESS] 20
2>20% ... 6336kb of 31407kb copied
2>[PROGRESS] 30
2>30% ... 9472kb of 31407kb copied
2>[PROGRESS] 40
2>40% ... 12608kb of 31407kb copied
2>[PROGRESS] 50
2>50% ... 15744kb of 31407kb copied
2>[PROGRESS] 60
2>60% ... 18880kb of 31407kb copied
2>[PROGRESS] 70
2>70% ... 22016kb of 31407kb copied
2>[PROGRESS] 80
2>80% ... 25152kb of 31407kb copied
2>[PROGRESS] 90
2>90% ... 28288kb of 31407kb copied
2>[PROGRESS] 100
2>100% ... 31407kb of 31407kb copied
2>TASK: Push bin\Debug\com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk : /data/local/tmp/com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk completed?:Completed
2>DEBUG RunShellCommand 235fc817 pm install "/data/local/tmp/com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk"
2>TASK: InstallPackage pm install "/data/local/tmp/com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk" completed?: pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk
2>Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST...
2>DEBUG RunShellCommand 235fc817 rm "/data/local/tmp/com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk"
2>TASK: DeleteFile rm "/data/local/tmp/com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk" completed?:
2> Deployment failed
2>Mono.AndroidTools.InstallFailedException: Unexpected install output: pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk
2>Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED]
2>
2> at Mono.AndroidTools.Internal.AdbOutputParsing.CheckInstallSuccess(String output, String packageName)
2> at Mono.AndroidTools.AndroidDevice.<>c__DisplayClass94_0.b__0(Task1 t) 2> at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromResultTask1.InnerInvoke()
2> at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
2>Unexpected install output: pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk
2>
2>Done executing task "InstallPackageAssemblies".
2>Task "Touch"
2>Task Parameter:Files=obj\Debug\upload.flag
2>Task Parameter:AlwaysCreate=True
2>Creating "obj\Debug\upload.flag" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
2>Done executing task "Touch".
2>Task "MakeDir"
2>Task Parameter:Directories=obj.cache\
2>Creating directory "obj.cache\".
2>Done executing task "MakeDir".
2>Task "WriteLinesToFile"
2>Task Parameter:File=obj.cache\com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc.flag
2>Task Parameter:Lines=DebugAnyCPU-s 235fc817
2>Task Parameter:Overwrite=True
2>Done executing task "WriteLinesToFile".
2>Done building target "_Upload" in project "SMBSCHarvestView.Android.csproj".
2>Target "Install" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.Debugging.targets" from project "C:\Users\codyr\Source\Repos\GeofenceLogging\SMBSC Harvest View\SMBSC Harvest View.Droid\SMBSCHarvestView.Android.csproj" (entry point):
2>Done building target "Install" in project "SMBSCHarvestView.Android.csproj".
2>Done building project "SMBSCHarvestView.Android.csproj".
2>Build succeeded.
2>Unexpected install output: pkg: /data/local/tmp/com.onprairiesoftware.smbsc-Signed.apk
2>
2>
2>Deploy failed on Samsung SM-N900V
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I have done some googling on the error, and none of the solutions I have tried work.

I think it is something to do with the project configuration, because other apps can deploy to the same phone.

Thanks for the help.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same problem. There is a solution for this?

• Billy12ShovelsBilly12Shovels USUniversity ✭✭✭
    edited January 22

@AlessandroCaliaro Check the service tags above your class declarations in your Android classes and make sure they have lowercase names. Even if it is a BackgroundService, which is what the issue was for me.

• JeffGonzalesJeffGonzales USMember ✭✭

What would cause this if I have been building/running fine for a long time before encountering this error?

• JeffGonzalesJeffGonzales USMember ✭✭

It looks like my problem was solved by fixing a .axml file. It was not apparent at all that this was the source of the error, but it was the last file I had modified prior to getting the error.

• mts_egymts_egy Member
    For me..I opened Android Device Manager and edited the device..
    I found that disk.dataPartition.size has an exclamation mark..so I changed the size to 800M then saved the device..
    now project runs without errors.