Issues with binding to Google Mobile Vision for iOS

Hi,

I try to do a binding for Google Mobile Vision for iOS. Everything look good and my project build with the binding.

But when i try to get a detector, i always get a null object.

I already try different dictionary (with and without any value).

var textDetector = GMVDetector.DetectorOfType(Constants.GMVDetectorTypeText, new NSDictionary());

Did anybody already done a binding with success for Google Mobile Vision ?
Did you have any idea what i can look for ?

• RichardMasseRichardMasse USMember ✭✭

For your information,

My solution was to create a framework with cocoapods in Xcode (objectiv-c) and create a binding to this framework in my xamarin project.
    It's working great. I was able to do OCR and Barcode in iOS with Google Mobile Vision.

• lalitbokdelalitbokde USMember

Hi Rechard, Can you please elaborate the steps what you did ? or the link to refer ? I am getting the same issue var textDetector = GMVDetector.DetectorOfType(Constants.GMVDetectorTypeText, new NSDictionary()); with null value.
    but not getting the exact solution for it.

Hello,

I don't have any link to refer. You have to create a framework in Xcode and include . You need to learn how to create a framework in xcode with objective-C. When your framework was done you can use it in Xamarin like other library (with binding project)

For my need, i simply add this line of code in my framework.

(NSString *)detectTextInImage:(UIImage *)image {

textDetector = [GMVDetector detectorOfType:GMVDetectorTypeText options:nil];

UIDeviceOrientation deviceOrientation = [[UIDevice currentDevice] orientation];
    GMVImageOrientation orientation = [GMVUtility
                                       imageOrientationFromOrientation:deviceOrientation
                                       withCaptureDevicePosition:AVCaptureDevicePositionBack
                                       defaultDeviceOrientation: UIDeviceOrientationPortrait];
    NSDictionary *options = @{ GMVDetectorImageOrientation : @(orientation) };

NSArray<GMVFeature *> *features = [textDetector featuresInImage:image options:options];

//NSLog(@"Detected %lu textes.", (unsigned long)features.count);

result = @"";

for (GMVTextBlockFeature *textBlock in features) {
        //NSLog(@"lang: %@ value: %@", textBlock.language, textBlock.value);

// For each text block, iterate over each line.
        for (GMVTextLineFeature *textLine in textBlock.lines) {
            //NSLog(@"lang: %@ value: %@", textLine.language, textLine.value);

// For each line, iterate over each word.
            for (GMVTextElementFeature *textElement in textLine.elements) {
                NSLog(@"value: %@", textElement.value);
                result = [result stringByAppendingString: textElement.value];
            }
        }
    }

return result;

}

• (NSString *)detectBarcodeInImage:(UIImage *)image {

NSDictionary *options = @{ GMVDetectorTypeBarcode : @( GMVDetectorBarcodeFormatCode128 | GMVDetectorBarcodeFormatPDF417) };

barcodeDetector = [GMVDetector detectorOfType:GMVDetectorTypeBarcode options:options];

NSArray *features = [barcodeDetector featuresInImage:image options:nil];

//NSLog(@Detected %lu textes., (unsigned long)features.count);

result = @"";

for (GMVBarcodeFeature *barcode in features) {
      //NSLog(@lang: %@ value: %@", textBlock.language, textBlock.value);
      result = [result stringByAppendingString: barcode.rawValue];
      }

return result;
      }

• Hi @RichardMasse , I'm trying to bind the Google Mobile Vision library, to use the TextDetector for my Xamarin Forms project (Only in the iOS Project, there is already a binding for android).

But when i'm trying to call GMVDetector.DetectorOfType(Constants.GMVDetectorTypeText, new NSDictionary()); i get a selector instance error.

Did you change something in the ApiDefinition for the GMVDetector interface or anything else apart from the types?

I'm already one week trying to implement this binding, any kind of help will be extremely appreciated.

Thank you very much.

@andymorinigo take a look at my last response in this thread. I have not done a direct binding to the google mobile vision. I have to create a project in xcode and after that do a binding in xamarin for my custom google vision framework.

@RichardMasse said:

Hello,

I don't have any link to refer. You have to create a framework in Xcode and include . You need to learn how to create a framework in xcode with objective-C. When your framework was done you can use it in Xamarin like other library (with binding project)

For my need, i simply add this line of code in my framework.

(NSString *)detectTextInImage:(UIImage *)image {

textDetector = [GMVDetector detectorOfType:GMVDetectorTypeText options:nil];

UIDeviceOrientation deviceOrientation = [[UIDevice currentDevice] orientation];
    GMVImageOrientation orientation = [GMVUtility
                                       imageOrientationFromOrientation:deviceOrientation
                                       withCaptureDevicePosition:AVCaptureDevicePositionBack
                                       defaultDeviceOrientation: UIDeviceOrientationPortrait];
    NSDictionary *options = @{ GMVDetectorImageOrientation : @(orientation) };

NSArray<GMVFeature *> *features = [textDetector featuresInImage:image options:options];

//NSLog(@"Detected %lu textes.", (unsigned long)features.count);

result = @"";

for (GMVTextBlockFeature *textBlock in features) {
        //NSLog(@"lang: %@ value: %@", textBlock.language, textBlock.value);

// For each text block, iterate over each line.
        for (GMVTextLineFeature *textLine in textBlock.lines) {
            //NSLog(@"lang: %@ value: %@", textLine.language, textLine.value);

// For each line, iterate over each word.
            for (GMVTextElementFeature *textElement in textLine.elements) {
                NSLog(@"value: %@", textElement.value);
                result = [result stringByAppendingString: textElement.value];
            }
        }
    }

return result;

}

• (NSString *)detectBarcodeInImage:(UIImage *)image { NSDictionary *options = @{ GMVDetectorTypeBarcode : @( GMVDetectorBarcodeFormatCode128 | GMVDetectorBarcodeFormatPDF417) }; barcodeDetector = [GMVDetector detectorOfType:GMVDetectorTypeBarcode options:options]; NSArray *features = [barcodeDetector featuresInImage:image options:nil]; //NSLog(@Detected %lu textes., (unsigned long)features.count); result = @""; for (GMVBarcodeFeature *barcode in features) {
      //NSLog(@lang: %@ value: %@", textBlock.language, textBlock.value);
      result = [result stringByAppendingString: barcode.rawValue];
      } return result;
      }