Can I submit iOS app on app store using simulators

Hi,
Can I submit xamarin.iOS app to app store without using real device. Only if I want to use simulators. Thank you

Answers

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing stopping you doing so, however it tends to be good practice to test your application on a physical device before submitting it to the store.

• PriyanKaAgRawaLPriyanKaAgRawaL Member ✭✭

When I am setting provisioning profile to distribute/production, It is stopping me to create IPA file w/o connecting real device. are you sure whatever you are saying

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't need to be connected to a real device when building for release. Make sure the main iOS project is highlighted in your solution explorer though. Also, you don't 'Run' a release build, you just Build.

• PriyanKaAgRawaLPriyanKaAgRawaL Member ✭✭

oh! I might made some mistakes. Need to give a try :)

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@PriyanKaAgRawaL said:
    When I am setting provisioning profile to distribute/production, It is stopping me to create IPA file w/o connecting real device. are you sure whatever you are saying

You don't need to have a physical device connected. You just need to make sure the "Generic Device" option is selected when archiving an IPA.

• Ahsan_SiddiqueAhsan_Siddique PKMember ✭✭✭✭

@seanyda said:
    There's nothing stopping you doing so, however it tends to be good practice to test your application on a physical device before submitting it to the store.

Agreed...