Previewer background colour or style setting?

Hi, when I use the Xamarin Forms Previewer in Visual Studio 2017 (15.6.7) my app is shown in 'dark' mode or style i.e. has a black background, text is white (or light gray) yet when I run the app on my phone again using VS the background is white, text dark.

Is there some setting I need to change to make the previewer the same as my phone?

Note this is the Android preview.

Thanks John

Answers

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Hi @JohnBlack.2526!

We have fixed this in an upcoming Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 preview.

I would love to know more about your experiences with the Xamarin.Forms Previewer. Have you found it to meet your needs? If you could wave a magic wand and change one thing about it, what would you change?

• JohnBlack.2526JohnBlack.2526 USMember ✭✭

I look forward to seeing the new version.

Change one thing? Make the display scrollable? I.e. if the xaml displayed extends the bottom of the screen, on a long input form for example, then allow the previewer to scroll down to view the rest of the input fields.

Just a thought. And thank you for asking for input! Do you (I assume you are involved in the dev of the previewer) have somewhere where I can watch for latest releases of the previewer? May be see what's coming up in dev?

Whilst I'm only developing one app at the moment, I can see myself developing others in the future. This App was a trial run with Xamarin and if it works out then I'll continue using Xamarin for other apps.

Thanks
    John

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

I know support for scrolling is something that has been discussed, but not sure what the roadmap looks like regarding this feature. I'm not directly involved with the team that builds the Xamarin.Forms Previewer, but I've forwarded this thread along so they can follow-up. :smile:

• JohnBlack.2526JohnBlack.2526 USMember ✭✭

Thanks Pierce B)

• longlostbrolonglostbro USMember ✭✭

In version 15.9.6 there still doesn't seem to be a way to make the background color white, that I can find.